Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 7 Scavenger Hunt, Pasta, & Dessert Crepes

[Sorry I'm a few days behind on my blog yall! The internet has been down and we've been really busy. I'm going to try to write less and just put up a few pictures to make it easier for me and quicker- since internet is expensive. Thanks for reading everybody!]

Today (Sunday) we went on a scavenger hunt in Athens through the Plaka. It was really involved and detailed. We had tons of fun and learned a lot. But it was definitely a challenge. Our community group (Team Aphrodite) came in 3rd (out of 4- haha) but we were just excited to play the game.

After the scavenger hunt, we came back to the hotel. I wanted to lay out by the pool just to read and relax. It was a beautiful day. I realized it was Sunday and thought about how weird it was that I wasn't in church, listening to Andy or the Athens Church band. I miss worship and having sermons but also know that you don't have to be in a church building for either. I'm reading Francis Chan's "crazy love" and boy am I being convicted! Its good teaching/preaching and is very much a call or challenge to evaluate my life. I feel that I will need to re-read the book again just to catch it all and attempt to apply it. And even though the music from the pool speakers wasn't worship songs (some music from Grease and some MJ along w/ some Greek music), I was able to praise him along with all the other sounds around me- the running water from the pool waterfall, the birds chirping, cars passing, flip flops on the sidewalk... I must admit it isn't a good band but having "church" by the pool was pretty awesome. I do really miss fellowship with other believers though. I am so thankful for the sweet words and prayers of encouragement from yall!

the winning team from today's scavenger hunt in the Plaka


Me and my roomies made pasta for dinner instead of eating out. We had fun cooking in our little kitchenette! And we had fun eating it for sure!

we decided to cook dinner tonight

bowtie

we can't read Greek but we made it work

my pasta plate

pasta by the pool


we totally devoured our pasta


After dinner, we wanted dessert so we headed to what I call our Greek "Waffle House" (actually called "New Deli") because they have waffles and crepes and hamburgers and much more... We plan to go back for a waffle (which they mostly eat as a dessert), but we got crepes. Mine was soooo delicious! Next time I'll know to split one with someone because the crepes are gigantic!

my massive Strawberry and White Chocolate Crepe
(warm empty crepe with whipped cream, strawberries, and white chocolate)

huge
(sugar shock!)

Kelsey and her Nutella & Banana Crepe

me and my crepe

xoxo,
Jenna

2 comments:

  1. I would be so fat having come back from that trip! So much amazing looking food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.actsseventeen.com/contact

    Call the number on this website and see if they have started their services back up in Glyfada. If not, perhaps you could find out how far the other service is on Sunday and you could possibly go on your off week! Take a taxi if you need to! Just a thought. I've looked at the website and it's good.

    ReplyDelete