Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 13 Athens Adventure Alone

Don't worry! I didn't venture out all by myself into Athens, Greece. But 8 of us girls did travel from Glyfada to the city without the assistance of Robbie, Beth Ann, or a tour guide. Ok so RR and BA did help us out a little by telling us how to take the tram and making sure we had a map. But we did a great job getting there, finding the Hard Rock cafe, not getting lost in the Plaka, and making it back safely.

I planned to get all my shopping done today. I even had a list. But I only bought a few postcards and maybe two or three other gifts. I realized how much I dislike shopping. I mean I love to give people presents but I'm terrible at finding something that I think they would like or use. And I'm not so great at bargaining either. At the end of the day while we were waiting for the tram, I made a comment about my awful shopping skills- this is great news for my future husband! I hate to shop, I'm bad at it, just buy me food & dessert and I'm a happy wife.

Today was a fun adventure! I'm glad we didn't get ourselves lost. And most everyone was successful in shopping. I really enjoyed exploring Athens and walking around the Plaka one last time. It was a long and tiring day- you could tell on the way back to Glyfada because everyone was very quiet and some people actually slept on the bumpy tram ride.

When we got back to Glyfada, me and the roomies watched How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days (we borrowed a DVD from Meredith)! We also attempted to hand-wash some of our dirty clothes in the sink. It was an interesting experience...

I love Athens and Glyfada but I'm so excited for Off-Week and our trip to Andros!
Thanks for reading yall!
xoxo,
Jenna


Here are some pictures from today:


Jordan, Rachel, Katie, Amrutha

Kaitlin, Hannah, Meredith, & Me







the only bottle of Heinz Ketchup in Greece

chicken fingers & french fries



painting of Hadrian's Gate









graffiti



My "Life in 3 Words" for LEAD Greece blog

No comments:

Post a Comment