Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 3 Ancient Athens

Today we toured Ancient Athens! It was amazing to see the Acropolis and learn Global LEAD style: hearing an outdoor lecture by our UGA professor Craig at the Theater of Dionysus rather than in some boring classroom. And while in the Acropolis Museum, we saw some other American students carrying notebooks and looking really uninterested & unthrilled. It really made me appreciate even more the awesome approach that the LEAD program takes! We learned so much about the history of Athens yet it was interesting and even relevant to issues today. Here are a few pictures from the day:

Rachel & Me at the Olympic Stadium


The Temple of Zeus




Athena


Parliament






Me at the Parthenon



Me above the Theater of Dionysus on the way up to the Acropolis


a huge rock below the Acropolis that Paul preached from
(Acts 17)



Me at the Parthenon


the Greek flag blowing in the wind at the lookout point on top of the Acropolis


Zeus's Temple from on top of the Acropolis






Tomorrow we will be touring small local islands around Athens! Can't wait to be in the sun and on the sea with 30 of my newest friends!
I'm updating my blog tonight from this really modern, relaxing, & cozy little place called flocafe!
We have to pay for internet in the hotel but tonight me and the roomies ate dinner in our room and then came to hang out on the open porch and soft couches of flocafe where they have free wireless internet. I had a refreshing Coca-Cola and Lime Sorbet.
Now we are off to see if we can find an open bakery for tomorrow morning's breakfast since we will be leaving the hotel for our island tour before the breakfast buffet.

Loving life in Greece! I guess you could say that I've "got kefi"!
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. You Chancey's are always going to coolest places! Love the pictures and I'm not much of a reader but I enjoy reading the blog. I mean you got to see where Paul preached from, like, hello!! Awesome! Acropolis, Parthenon, Zeus' Temple, wow! Not to mention the food you get to eat, makes my mouth water!
    At the end of 6 weeks, this might make a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get kefi reading your blog! so glad you are having a great time learning and exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm living vicariously through you. Is that how you spell vicariously?? Oh well! Sydney and Emily send love and they want to know when they can swim again. :)

    ReplyDelete